31 March 2012

Hair Update: Relaxer and Cut

I previously posted about my current hair setback. So yesterday, I relaxed my new growth and proceeded to cut my hair.

Left: After relaxer. Right: After cut.

I must say, my hair felt a lot stronger and softer than usual. I think that's evident from the photo on the left. I attribute that to all the protein treatments I've been doing. Here's a summary of how I've treated  my hair since the beginning of March:

Wash Day 1 (Wednesday)
  • Co-wash hair with ORS Olive Oil Replenshing Pak (Mild Protein Conditioner)
  • Do black tea rinse (to reduce shedding)
  • Condition with Aussie Miracle Moist Conditioner for 5 minutes (Moisturising Conditioner)
  • Use Davines NaturalTech Nourishing Hairbuilding Pak for 10-15 minutes (Medium Protein Treatment)
  • Use Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Luscious Long Treatment for 5-10 minutes (Balanced Moisture and Protein Treatment)
  • Do apple cider vinegar (ACV) rinse (for porosity control)
  • Use It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product (Moisturising Leave-In)
  • Use ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer (Protein Leave-In)
  • Seal with coconut oil
  • Air-dry hair in two braids, which gives a curly braid-out style the following morning.


Wash Day 2 (Saturday/Sunday)
  • Shampoo with Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo
  • Condition with henna mixed with Amla oil, rose water (and maybe Aussie Miracle Moist Conditioner, if my hair feels like it needs moisture) for 1-2 hours
  • Use It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product (Moisturising Leave-In)
  • Use ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer (Protein Leave-In)
  • Seal with coconut oil
  • Air-dry hair in two braids, which gives a curly braid-out style the following morning.


Daily
  • Moisturise hair with S-Curl "No Drip" Activator Moisturizer at night
  • Seal with coconut oil
  • Massage scalp with a natural oil


I know it's a lot of steps, but the situation is dire and for me, this is damage control. I would rather do too much than do too little like I did before - and look where that got me. Doing the above for one month has made a huge difference in my hair. My hair is thicker, stronger and holds moisture well. I'll continue with the above regimen, and probably have a couple more hair cuts to keep the length the same as the hair below the crown starts to grow in.

Left: One month ago. Right: Yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment